You can start to take care of your health easily by choosing to eat nutritious food. If you are interested in kick-starting a self-care routine, you may consider turning your old fridge into a healthy oasis by stocking it up with the following superfoods.
5 superfoods you should always have in your fridge
1. Eggs High in protein and packed with nutrients. Protein helps increase muscle mass and replenish muscle cell damage. Eggs are suitable for health-conscious people or those who want to pack on muscle mass. However, daily egg consumption should not exceed three as eating too many eggs can be bad for your health.
2. Salmon Packed with healthy fats and other nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids which are good for the brain. Omega-3 fatty acids help accelerate and improve the metabolic process. When your metabolism is working properly, your body will reap benefits.
3. Vegetables Eating fresh vegetables gives you the most nutrients since cooking can lessen the nutritional value of vegetables. That’s why you should always have ready-to-eat vegetables in your fridge such as salad vegetables, including green oak lettuce, red oak lettuce, red coral lettuce, rocket, green cos lettuce, frillice iceberg, butterhead lettuce etc. These vegetables are high in fiber and vitamins, low in cholesterol and good for eye health. Other vegetables you should keep in your fridge include iceberg lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers etc.
4. Fruits You should always have fruits in your fridge as fruits are low in calories. In 100 grams, there are 13 calories in papayas, 25 calories in watermelons, 33 calories in strawberries, 42 calories in oranges, 52 calories in apples, 57 calories in blueberries, 60 calories in guavas, 60 calories in dragon fruits, 120 calories in bananas, 160 calories in avocados etc.
5. Yogurt Go for plain or Greek yogurt which gives you two times more energy than regular yogurt. Greek yogurt can also make you feel fuller, reduce appetite and is low in calories.
Having healthy food in your fridge is a good start for having a good health. The five superfoods we have recommended are packed with nutrients and can help increase your metabolism for a healthier you in no time.